Moving on...

shared by straight point on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

i thought to stop writing till the oz tour is over...i was deeply heart to see what all was happening in the name of cricket...and so on...i could not stand to see what happening to the game i love so much...

i have another confession to make (sorry dinnie, i did not mentioned it before)...

i am what i am bcoz of cricket...not exactly the same way as you might start thinking...let me explain...i come from very humble background...and when i decided to join IT as my career the biggest hurdle before me was english...(which is still today)...i was able to truly learn about this language by watching cricket...listening the commentary...the discussions on tv before or after the matches...the interviews of players...the passion of cricket showed me the way...from muttering words to the confidence of actually speaking...to many it may seem not as arduous as it sounds to you but for me it was something...today i am running an export firm and talk and deal with people across world...

before you accuse me of promoting myself, i wanted to share this little secret so that you can understand how i must have been feeling...

but then i thought what means more to me...my love for cricket or my hate for these uncompetitive umpires...referees...my passion for cricket or the 'passion' shown by aussies at SCG...and answer was simple...

so i decided to move on...i am in no illusion of sort that peoples were holding their breath for my next post...but anyway...here i am...

coz, i was taught at very early stage that...

"when the debate is about who is right rather than what is right...never debate..."

and for aussie team (and friends)...may this win should not discourage you...

.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good decision Pan, this is why people say to forget and to forgive.

Cheers.

KP said...

I agree dood...even I am out

I am stealing this quote

"when the debate is about who is right rather than what is right...never debate..."

Anonymous said...

Way to go... though I won't be posting much... good time to shut off and read a book perhaps... nice quote

Soulberry said...

Excellent SP!

I hope to bump into you sometime I decide to cross the Yamuna!

May you blessed with plenty of success.

Wonedrful quote and looking forward to cricket starting again.

straight point said...

OTT

thanks mate!!

straight point said...

KP

thanks buddy...never mind...keep raising 'straight points'...like u did in your recent post...

straight point said...

scopy...

yes its better sometime to take a break and de-senitise yourself with negative vibrations...

straight point said...

SB

thanks for nice words and wishes...

may god bless you with good fortune and all success you rightly deserve...

it will indeed be pleasure to meet you and infact i have already started anticipating about meeting...

John said...

way to go, man!

about me...

BCC!straight point (sp) is restless... relentless... but a fun loving guy... likes to live life to fullest... trying to discover himself through cricket... welcome to this little world of his...

sp is also a bored member at BCC!

sp tweets

     


    © straight points
    straight points by sp is licensed under a creative commons attribution noncommercial-no derivative works 2.5 india license. based on a work at straightpoints.blogspot.com
    this blog takes no responsibility for statements posted by participants

    this blog is best viewed with Mozilla FireFox at a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
    thanks for the visit!!